Automated technology is becoming more and more a part of our daily lives. They have also touched such an important point as room design. The main thing in this matter is to combine the functionality of the smart home system with the design appeal of the room.
Smart Home and Interior Design
Interior design is primarily a combination of disparate elements into a whole with its idea. Therefore, it is important that the smart home system devices do not conflict with traditional furnishings. Be it usual lighting fixtures, heating and water supply system, finishing walls of rooms, for example, using a style of Venetian plaster.
The interior of the “smart house” includes not only the traditional selection of colors, tonal shades and objects in the room, but also filling the room with new technologies. It is hard to imagine a modern home without an air conditioner, washing machine, underfloor heating system, alternative power sources, video surveillance and other high-tech items that create comfort and security in our home.
“Smart home” is first of all the interconnection of all electronic devices and control over them. That is, combining into one whole:
- The heating system;
- air conditioning and ventilation;
- water supply systems;
- power supply to the house;
- video surveillance systems;
- security alarm system;
- video and audio equipment
The concept of such house lies in the organization of a wireless network that provides the interaction of all digital devices, electrical appliances and home life support systems.
Adjustment of illumination as an element of the smart home
The control of illumination is the most widespread technology of “clever house”. It provides a possibility to control switching on and off of light and regulation of its brightness. The system allows without getting up from the sofa to switch on the light in a room or in the whole house, to dim the lights in the corridors. There is a programming system. So, the light can be turned on using motion sensors or programmed for a predetermined time.
The intensity of the light affects the interior design of the rooms. With the programming, you can create whole lighting scenarios in the house. It is possible to arrange festive lighting, using general and local lighting or semi-darkness by switching off some groups of lighting devices. The work of the lighting devices is adjusted so that the light highlights individual items in the room. So you can illuminate furniture from below, creating a “flying” effect, or highlight potted plants on the wall. Pictures can also be highlighted. Also used is staircase lighting. It serves not only as a design element, but also ensures the safety of movement at night and in the evening.
Other smart home options
Besides control over illumination the system of “clever house” can control street illumination, supervise perimeter of a private house, remotely control garage and entrance gates, is responsible for lawn watering. In addition, it performs the following functions:
- Climate control. Operation of all heaters, including radiators and under-floor heating system is adjusted in such a way that each room has its own separate temperature regime. The devices are turned on automatically according to the set schedule, which depends on the readings of the sensors.
- Remote door control. The function provides the ability to control the state of the locks of the entrance doors. It is rather convenient in everyday life, eliminating the need to go back to check if the door is locked.
- Telecommunication system control. Audio or video player can be turned on from any room. The volume can be adjusted remotely and songs can be selected. These functions are also available for TV signal and Internet.
The use of “smart home” technology will make living in such a house more convenient and comfortable. The entire control system should be thought through before the interior design of the house or apartment is completed.